In the year 2023, we want to make it a point that you to try new things and be more adventurous.
This is the year to take up cycling. we think it's a great way to get around, and it's also a good way to exercise. If have never ridden a bike before, so tie up those shoes, hold your saddle tight and get all excited to learn how to ride one and see what the city has to offer while pedaling around!
Cycling is not just about the old two wheels but it’s also about getting exercise with fresh air pumping in your lungs and continuing to work towards being healthier overall. That includes making sure that your diet is balanced, getting more sleep (especially during the week), and trying not to stress out as much as possible (literally).
Let’s cycle together in 2023
It's time to get on the bike!
Whether you're looking to lose weight, start a new hobby, or get fit for the first time in years, cycling can be a great way to make a change. We know you're busy, but we also know that you want to get the most out of your workout. Keeping a few simple things in mind can help you achieve your goals and stay on track.
But how do you go about getting started? And what should you expect? We've got some tips that can help you get started and stay motivated.
1. Bike fit is important. It's not just about being comfortable—it's about making sure your bike fits you so that it doesn't strain your back or knees during long rides (or even short ones!). If your bike doesn't fit properly, there'll be a lot of pain involved in riding it—and if this happens while you're trying to perform at an elite level, well… what's the point?
2. Find an instructor who knows their stuff! They should be able to show you how to adjust your seat height and handlebars so that they match up with your body shape, but also help you figure out any other problems that might be preventing you from buying or maintaining a bike that fits properly.
3. Stick with it! Cycling requires commitment from both sides – you and your beloved bike. Trust your routine and keep your cycle in check, so that you both are in best of the shape when riding with friends, on short/long trips.
4. Have a clear goal in mind. What are you trying to accomplish by riding a bike? How many miles do you plan to pedal this year? How much weight did you lose last year? How many books have you read this year? Make sure your goals are realistic, measurable, and attainable!
5. Make sure it's something fun! Riding a bike should be an enjoyable experience—don't let the hard work get in the way of that! If it doesn't feel good or beat up your body, find another activity that does those things better (or take up running).
6. Find an accountability partner! You'll need someone who will keep track of your progress and make sure you don't slip back into old habits after being so diligent about setting new ones! It could be a friend who bikes alongside you or an experienced cyclist who can be your trainer/mentor/motivator.
Cycling is a great way to get in shape and explore the world. But you don’t have to be an athlete to get fit, healthy, and happy on two wheels! It is a healthy, affordable, and convenient way to get around. Whether you're trying to avoid traffic, save money on gas or maintenance costs, or just enjoy the outdoors, cycling is a great way to get some exercise while saving the environment.
You can start cycling with a group of friends, or on your own. It’s up to you! If you aren’t sure where to start, we recommend starting small: find a local bike route that’s close by and take it one day at a time. You can even find routes on Google Maps if that helps get you rolling!
The cycling community is made up of people who love to ride bikes. They are passionate about the experience, and they love to share that passion with others. Our goal is to make sure you enjoy your bike ride and that you make it your passion.
We have gears that fit the needs of cyclists of all skill levels, and bikes on rent for every type of terrain so whether you're starting out or riding like an expert, Spokeherd has something for you!